|Cisco Connected Grid Network Management System helps utilities transform their operations (like smart metering, distribution automation, and substations) for the smart grid with unified network management. With this system, utility operations share a converged IP-based communications network, and thus manage millions of grid endpoint devices
Cisco Connected Grid Network Management System is a software platform that helps to enable a clear separation between communications network management and utility operational applications. These include Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Meter Data Management (MDM).
You can use this software platform to manage a multiservice network and security infrastructure for the smart grid, including smart metering or advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), distribution automation, distributed intelligence, and substation automation. It is a highly secure, scalable, modular software platform with a pluggable architecture. This helps enable network connectivity to a multivendor ecosystem of legacy and next-generation power grid devices.
Connected Grid Network Management System provides highly secure, fully automated commissioning for Cisco Connected Grid 1000 Series Routers and Cisco IPv6 RF Mesh-Enabled Smart Meters (an ecosystem partner device) and RF Mesh Range extenders (also an ecosystem partner device). Other features include:
- Geographic Information System (GIS) map-based, visualization, monitoring, troubleshooting, and alarm notifications
- Group-based configuration management for field-area routers and smart meter endpoints
- Rule-engine infrastructure for customizable threshold-based alarm processing and event generation
- North-bound integration API for transparent integration with utility head-end and operational systems
- High availability and disaster recovery