|The SAP PLM application provides integrated product life-cycle management software; a single source of all product-related information needed for collaborating with business partners and supporting processes including product innovation and design.|
The SAP PLM application can help to:
- Support strategic sourcing by interfacing with supplier relationship management software
- Provide role-specific, context-driven access for internal and external users to relevant information, tools, and services
- Improve decision-making through insight into projects; flexible reporting; and analytics for portfolio management, occupational health, product safety, and product quality
- Increase strategic and operative control by monitoring product and production changes affecting timelines, costs, and resources
- Provide an open-technology framework that delivers up-to-date data required by enterprise processes for demand planning, manufacturing, purchasing, and sales.